It will remain 15% for:
- interests and similar payments;
- remuneration for copyrights and intellectual property;
- remuneration for technical services, management services, consultancy services, financial services and security services;
- remuneration for being a member of a board of directors;
- remuneration for the construction, installation or supervisory works;
- remuneration from acting shows, musical shows or sport shows, including payments made to people who employ artists or sportsmen;
- individual incomes from gambling and casinos
Changes/Proceeds from the sale of assets or rights should be taxed in Albania
Revenues which are generated in Albania must be taxed in Albania. This is another concept introduced by experts of the ministry of Finance as part of next year government tax policy. According to them, the purpose of this is to prevent profits from being moved in tax havens or in countries which have low taxes. In this context, the proposed changes according to which, revenues generated by the direct or indirect sale of assets/rights from their owners, regardless of the complexity of the property structure and which are directly linked to the assets/rights generated in the territory of the Republic of Albania, should be taxed in Albania. Changes of direct ownership within the territory of the country will be taxed the same way.
Other changes in VAT for public transport and excise on tobacco
With next year’s government tax policy, experts have also proposed the reduction of Value Added Tax on public transport for vehicles which have a capacity of more than 10 people. Experts are also proposing a 6% reduction on adverts broadcasted by TV networks. The package also contains other changes in the excise on tobacco, which proposes an increase to 6 thousand lek/kg as opposed to 4400 lek/kg. Meanwhile, as far as customs charges are concerned, authorities are proposing a single charge of 10% to be paid by all refrigerator trucks in order to guarantee honest competition for all importers who operate in this field. Another important proposal relates to the expansion of the tax base.